Sketches

Sunday 21 May 2017

Utrecht, National USK day.


Last Saturday we had a national Urban Sketching day in Utrecht, with 100 enthusiastic participants.
I helped organizing it, my part was mostly organizing the workshops.
There were three: Christiaan Afman Veenema did "blind drawing and continuous lines", Julia Henze did Lettering of Urban Sketchers", and I did "Negative space".
The workshops were a huge success, not in the least because of the dedication of the participants. In my workshop they worked hard and concentrated, I did not make it easy.
Unfortunately I did not make pictures during the workshop, have to think about that the next time.
As teacher you don't have a lot of time left to draw, I only made 2 drawings. Will post them later.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Congratulations on organizing this sketchcrawl. It looks like there was a great turnout.
I hope your workshop on negative space was well attended; its a skill all artists need to use. It might be interesting to post your course outline.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Michael. Yes I will post the workshop notes in a few days.